I recently reached out to you, my trustworthy friends, on social media and asked what lessons you learned from the monumental 366 days that was 2-0-2-0… Your replies blew me away; reminding me exactly why I LOVE what I do! This blog is such a fun way to bring people together and get insights from all walks of life. It inspires me and motivates me to write each and every week. For that, I say thank you!
And without further ado, let’s jump into part one of the things that 2020 taught us.
- Self-Love is especially important in unprecidented times like these. When we’re stuck at home with only ourselves, it’s the perfect moment to work on how we see and speak to our mind & body.
- Life is short! There’s no time to take things for granted. We have to learn to love even the smallest moments; just like you’ll see on my home page “…enjoying life’s little things…”
- Everything can change in the blink of an eye! Nothing is a guarantee, so please stop waiting for tomorrow and just take those chances NOW.
- Patience is a virtue and something we can all use a little more of. Go easy on yourself and those around you. We all deserve some grace, especially right now.
- Perspective changes you. Pay attention to what it’s trying to teach. For example, I am more thankful for what I have now, more than ever before.
- Family is EVERYTHING! Whether that’s your biological relations or the ones you personally chose, hold them close and appreciate them lots.
- Learning to adapt is HARD, but we’re so resilient and can handle more than we give ourselves credit for.
- Nature is healing for the soul. Never underestimate a walk in the sunshine or a peaceful picnic lunch.
- Having a bad day or experiencing negative feelings is OKAY and very acceptable. This too shall pass.
- Being a kind person is a daily choice and takes valiant effort. We all may be in the same general situation, but our circumstances are all extremely different! PLEASE BE GOOD TO PEOPLE!
Did any of these resonate with you personally? Comment below and let me know which was your favorite! This list was compiled from my own feelings + the ones you shared with me. That’s why I decided to split this post in half to make it a bit more bite-size and manageable to read. So don’t forget to tune in next week for the second half!
Until next time,
Stay focused on the life lessons, darling!